– “Oh ok. Call me when you get home” She replied.
Trust me the program ended in the evening. We went there in the morning! Naana thought I had gotten home and I still hadn’t called her. She was getting restless, thoughts were hitting her. She knew she had to come after me else I would be gone.
My phone rang on our way home.
– “Hi Jeff”
– “Naana. What’s up”
– “Eii so haven’t you missed me?”
– “Haha, I’ve been really busy. We just closed” I replied casually.
– “Oh ok. I really miss you. Today I dreamt you were marrying someone else”
– “Seriously? Haha, you’ve been thinking too much”
– “Yeah, I feel I’m losing you”
– “Hmm…” I was silent on that. I liked the way she was seeing things now. I still loved her a lot but I was controlling my feelings.
– “Let’s talk when I get home ok” I said.
– “Ok. Call me ok?”
– “I will. “
I was winning!
It felt good. I liked it. It became normal for her to call me, I was calling less.
I called her when I got home. We had a nice long talk. We both sounded so soft on the phone you could feel the love from a distance. I was gradually coming out of the friend zone. My confidence had also gone up, (one of the main things the website fixed for me). I could see all the signs that showed she loves me. I was so happy but wouldn’t show her.
* * *
She called me one day and told me she has good news.
– “Hey, I have good news”
– “really? What’s it?” I asked. She chuckled and said.
– “I can’t tell you right now. I think it should take some time so I’m sure about it. But I just wanted you to know”
– “Oh, haha, you’re making me feel the suspense. I will get you” I jokingly said. I felt she was going to talk about having feelings for me, but it felt too good to be true so I just brushed it off.
With time, the signs became very obvious. She started calling more often, texting often too. This went on for some time and I realized all I was practicing had begun to work. The manning up, not being stupidly selfless, being confident, it was all working out nicely.
One evening we were texting as usual, then something happened…
I texted her:
‘I have tried so hard in past to let you go but my heart doesn’t know how to do that. All my heart knows, is that it wants you. I love you’
It’s been a while since I sounded so romantic to her. She was so moved, something which had never happened before.
‘Aww, I feel this warm sensation in my chest while reading your message’ she replied.
‘That’s nice to know… Hope it never goes away’ I texted back.
‘Well, I hope so too. For sometime now I’ve been thinking about you, I miss you a lot. I think I have feelings for you but it’s just too early to conclude’ she replied.
To be continued…